The Penguin and Panda update created a massive impact with a lot of webmasters’ approach to link building and search engine optimisation.
Below, you will find some effective SEO Strategies that can help you strengthen your overall search ranking as you adapt to what works now.
1. Users Go First – Think of the users of your site and not the search engines. This is the main perception that you should always keep in mind. You and the company you represent should always focus on making your customers happy. It’s that simple.
2. Be Active and Be Everywhere – You need to be actively participating through various social media channels so that Google notices you. Write a blog post, contribute and build relationships with your peers and followers.
3. Improve Onsite Optimization & Internal Links – On-site optimization is about relevance. Relevance of the content and ensuring you structure your site correctly is really important.
4. Optimize Site Speed – Site speed can have an effect on both your rankings and your conversions. Utilize Google’s Page Speed Insights tool to figure out how you can improve the speed of your site for a better user experience, and you will be rewarded.
5. Create High Quality Content – Create quality content with the purpose of entertaining, helping, informing and stirring the reader’s emotion to attract shares, bookmarks, mentions and links for your site. Create linkable content such as a well-researched infographics, a witty video, and interesting images. Market them by targeting your audience and social influencers in your industry to get backlinks.
6. Execute Content Promotion – Start promoting your content using a combination of Email Outreach and Social Media. Email relevant bloggers, colleagues, etc. and talk to them about your content. Share your content on Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon, Google Plus, Pinterest, etc. using a combination of advertisements and popular social media profiles.
7. Do Guest Posts on Relevant Blogs – Share your expertise on other blogs in your industry by contributing a unique and compelling article. If they publish it, you can get more links, build new connections gain new readers and builds your influence and reputation.
8. Implement Google+ Authorship – Authorship can affect searchers behaviour on search results page as images of content authors will be shown and this may suggest that the sites are more reliable and trustworthy, which of course can lead to increase in SERP click-through rates and traffic. Make sure you implement and take advantage of this.
9. Infographics Creation and Marketing – Create informative infographics that user will appreciate and share. Design is very important as it is what can make your infographic viral.
10. Constantly Analyse Your Competitors - Constantly analyse and check your competition and what linking strategies they use. You’ll get clues as to what you can also do to continue your link building.
Below are some links to how you can recover from Panda or Penguin. Be sure to read them if you got hit.
Resources on How to Recover from Panda Update
Resources on How to Recover from Penguin Update