More businesses are beginning to understand how to leverage tools to build their brands and web presence online. Online marketing can be frustrating, especially if you are a small company competing with big business who have a big budget.
The only way you can succeed in this circumstance is to come up with creative strategies strategies to outsmart the major players. This article will provide some tips on how you can achieve that.
For Businesses that want to know the basics about Online / Internet Marketing the following links are good starting points.
- Internet Marketing for Smart People – Copy Blogger shares that you don’t have to be genius to master internet marketing.
- Noob Guide to Online Marketing – Unbounce created an Infographic Guide with Timeline views for Online Marketing you might want to check out.
- You Need an Online Marketing Strategy – Not many people understand how to launch their online presence - John Doherty helps those struggling with this post.
- How to write an Online Marketing Plan Series – Search Marketing Standard created a series of posts to help you write an online marketing plan.
- SEOmoz Noob Guide to Online Marketing – Oli Gardner of Unbounce posted a very helpful post on developing a 6 month marketing guide on SEOmoz.
Tips and Tricks
- Marketing Strategies for Small Business – 115 ideas for marketing your small business, even one of these ideas may take your business to a whole new level!
- 9 Ways you’re doing Internet Marketing Wrong –This article shows you what some people are doing wrong when it comes to building their business online.
- Internet Marketing for Small Business – this discusses social media and how it helps businesses connect with their customers.
- The Internet Marketing List: 59 Things You Should Be Doing But Probably Aren’t – You’re sure to include some of the things listed in this post for your internet marketing plan.
- How to Effectively Spend Your Online Marketing Budget [Crowdsource] – 13 Young entreprenuers answer questions about where to spend your online marketing budget.
Online Marketing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing - 10 Helpful tactics with both basic and advanced points of view to leverage social media in your online marketing campaign.
- Content Marketing – 44 Content Marketing resources from kissmetrics that will helps you and your business to reach out through your audience by creating useful content.
- Email Marketing – 2 Email marketing strategies from Problogger that can greatly benefit your business.
- Adwords Keyword Tool – Traffic stats for nearly every imaginable keyword, straight from Google but there are some claims that the traffic estimates are inaccurate so a few other tools are worth looking at.
- Wordstream – Can be a bit limited from its free side, but it’s a powerful tool.
- Wordtracker – A lot like Wordstream; pretty limited, but free and a powerful tool as well.
- Google Analytics – The most robust free analytics suite on the web from Google.
- Piwik – Open Source web analytics if you don’t want Google chasing your links.
- Open Web Analytics – Another open source web analytics for you to try.
Social Media Marketing Tools
- Buffer – Tweets at the best time of the day by helping you from a queue of your tweets.
- Followerwonk – Amazing analytics tool for Twitter – search, compare, analyse and track followers for your twitter campaign.
- Tweetdeck – The standard in social media dashboards; there are better ones out there, but not many, and fewer are free.
What are some other online marketing strategies you’d like to add? Hit the comments or contact us.
It takes a lot of hard work and patience for you and your business to be successful online. There are lots of competitors out there, and so you need to make sure you have a concrete plan. If you are worried that you aren’t getting the traction you want online, we can help you. We have helped a lot of small businesses grow and our result speaks for them. Call us on 1300 891 181 to talk to us further.